Questions About Poodles?

If you have a question about Poodles you can use the comment feature on this post.

We look forward to hearing from you!

10 thoughts on “Questions About Poodles?

1. Gaynell Prestage says:

What is the best way to keep the eyes of your poodle from staining. I have a apricot girl who is 7 mos. weighs 5.2 lbs. she has just started having this problem.

• Stephanie says:

The first step is to have your veterinarian check your girl’s eyes. It’s possible that there is a problem that needs treatment. If your vet says that there is nothing that can be fixed, then the only other thing to do is to wash her face regularly. There are a few products that I’ve tried, such as Burt’s Bees Tear Stain Remover and True Blue Safe and Sure Eye Wipes. Neither of these removes the stains completely, but they make it so that when I trim my dog’s face it looks clean because the newly grown coat isn’t stained. There are some home remedies online, but avoid anything that you wouldn’t want to use around your own eyes.

2. John and Maxien Cronin says:

We are searching for an adult lap dog to replace our wonderful “DC”.
    He was 12 to 13 lbs, a poodle. He died at 8 years of lung cancer.
    He was an adult lap dog who loved attention. We are a senior couple who need his replacement so badly. We are “hurting”. Please help us find our new friend.

3. Stephanie says:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your poodle, D.C. It is so sad to lose a friend, and my heart goes out to you.
    If you would like to fill out our Rescue Contract and Home Evaluation on our Rescue Page and return them to us we will be very happy to contact you when we get a poodle that might work for you in to rescue. We get poodles into rescue regularly, although sometimes we go for a little while without any and then get several who need homes all at once.
    If you would like to look at other organizations who will have dogs immediately, Lap Dog Rescue here in Albuquerque often has poodles and always has other small dogs. They are a good group.
    It is also possible to get an adult dog who needs a home from a reputable breeder, and if you are interested in looking for a dog that way then we have a member who is happy to help you find a good, ethical breeder. The email is johannaj@comcast.net.
    I hope you find a new companion soon!

4. Rhonda Dunnahoo says:

I live in Rio Rancho and have a three year old male Miniature Poodle. My groomer has had to retire from grooming due to health issues. I had tried Petsense here in Rio Rancho because it was recommended by my former groomer and also the owner of two standards who takes his dogs there. I took my dog there and groomer did a beautiful job but said my dog was anxious and moving constantly, which is not at all his behavior at home or with his former groomer. When I picked him up, my dog was very nervous and couldn’t wait to leave..didn’t settle down until we got home. I found out later they use crate dryers, which I am blaming his frantic behavior on. Can you recommend a good groomer and also one that doesn’t use crate dryers. I would prefer someone on the west side of Albuquerque but am willing to consider others. Thanks for your help!

• Stephanie says:

One of our members who lives close to you takes her Standards to Jack and Rascal’s.

No matter what groomer, I would recommend that you call them to ask about how they groom and the equipment they use. Also, it may take your dog a couple of visits to get used to a new place.

I hope this helps!